Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Off to the beach.

Wednesdays are normally my chemo days, but since I have a 2 week break before starting a new cycle of treatments, this morning we headed out for Charleston.  Our son and his family rented a beach house on Isle of Palms and they are spending the week there.  They invited us to join them and who can pass up several days of sun, sand and fresh seafood.  I may pass on the sun and the sand since I am already fatigued and the heat just melts me like butter.  But I will make up for it in the seafood department.  There is nothing that beats the taste of shrimp or flounder or snapper that was just swimming around in the ocean 12 hours ago.  And since I love to cook, I will get twice the enjoyment out of whatever we have for dinner.  Our two granddaughters, 11 and 9, and our 4 y/o grandson will keep the days busy and the activity level high.  Lots of memories, lots of stories and lots of love.  It just doesn't get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment