Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bye bye beard.

12 years ago, when I was getting chemo for my Hodgkins Lymphoma, I had almost no side effects from the treatments.  In addition to looking and feeling pretty normal, I never lost any of my hair.  My hair style has never been something I spent much time thinking about.  It was there, it grew, you washed it at shower time and got it cut periodically.  Several years ago I added a beard, which I keep trimmed short.  Today I was wearing a black shirt and noticed several short grey hairs clinging randomly across my chest.  Not thinking anything about it I just brushed them off and went on my way.  But a short time later I noticed that they were back.  And sure enough, if I rub my hand back and forth across my face, the collection grows in number.  So it appears that I am destined to appear clean shaven and bald for the forseeable future.  Given all the other possible side effects that I could develop, I'll take this one hands down.  And just think how much money I will save on razor blades :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment