Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Home sweet home.

We got back yesterday from the visit with our daughter and her family.  It was a very enjoyable visit and gave us lots of things to occupy our minds.  Four days in the western Carolina mountains were a welcome respite from the grueling heat wave that has gripped most of the rest of the southeast lately.  But as we arrived back home we thought of the young girl from Kansas saying "There's no place like home".  I have another chemo treatment tomorrow and then, in the middle of next week, we are heading to the beach at Charleston SC, where our son and his family have rented a beach house.  Don't know that I will be spending much time on the beach itself, but having more time with family and eating lots of fresh seafood will no doubt provide plenty of fun and memories.  Not a bad schedule for someone in their 2nd month of chemotherapy treatments.  I am still feeling just fine, although I must admit to feeling a bit more fatigued lately and I do have a few sores in my mouth from the new Pralatrexate drug treatment, although nothing bad.  Things could certainly be far far worst and I praise the Lord for allowing me to stay as healthy and active as I am.

As I mentioned I have another treatment tomorrow and that will complete all of the treatments (6 in total) for the 1st cycle.  I will have a 2 week break and then I start a 2nd cycle during the first week in August.  After completing the 2nd cycle in mid September, I will have a series of tests to assess my progress, and then most likely begin the 3rd cycle of treatments.  That assessment will be key in telling us how well the treatments are impacting the Lymphoma.  At the present time only God himself knows how we are doing.  But since I put my trust in Him, I feel that my progress is in good hands.  In the meantime we are taking it one day at a time and today is going quite well thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment