Sunday, July 8, 2012

My morning walk.

Something I have been told, and have seen in various articles, is that exercise is a very good thing that I can do for myself (of course that applied even before my diagnosis).  Since I still feel very good, I don't have any excuse for not getting some form of physical activity everyday.  So I have been walking for about 30 minutes every morning and, since we live on a lake, we have been taking a swim each afternoon.  Both are enjoyable and will hopefully assist in keeping my body strong and more resilient.

This morning, as I walked around our neighborhood, the 23rd Psalm started runnung through my mind.  And the 4th verse just kept repeating over and over.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

The Lord is so special in the many ways that He lets us know He hears our prayers and knows the desires of our hearts.  He is with us all the time and pours out His comfort upon us.  And He speaks to us if we will just take the time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment