Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life is a gift.

I am sitting here in the Duke Cancer Center, hooked up to an IV pump that is delivering a delicious mixture of chemicals into my body to do battle with my cancer. I am also surfing the Internet on my brand new ipad, that my dear and loving wife and children (and their spouses) bought me for Fathers Day, so that I would have something to do while being hooked up to an IV pump. While reading I came across something that I just wanted to share.


  

 
Today before you think of saying an unkind word - 
Think of someone who cannot speak. 


Before you complain about the taste of your food - 
Think of someone who has nothing to eat. 


Before you complain about your husband or wife - 
Think of someone who is crying out to God for a companion. 


Today before you complain about life - 
Think of someone who went too early to heaven. 


Before you complain about your children - 
Think of someone who desires children but they're barren. 


Before you argue about your dirty house, someone didn't clean or sweep - 
Think about the people who are living in the streets. 


Before whining about the distance you drive - 
Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet. 


And when you are tired and complain about your job - 
Think of the unemployed, the disabled and those who wish they had your job. 


But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another - 
Remember that not one of us are without sin and we all answer to one maker. 


And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - 
Put a smile on your face and thank God you're alive and still around. 


Life is a gift - Live it! Enjoy it, Celebrate it! And Fulfill it. 


Author unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment