Monday, August 13, 2012

My morning walk.

That subject line "My morning walk" seems to come up a lot here but my morning walks are a special time for me.  I addition to getting some exercise and fresh air, they give me a chance to just get quiet and reflect on things.  This morning I was walking a bit slower since my chemo seems to have sapped some of my energy but I was noticing that I am feeling a bit better.  Hopefully I am rebounding from my treatments last week and things will be improving each day.

This morning my thoughts alternated between how much the Lord has blessed me, and how I am so much more fortunate than so many other people.  In His goodness and mercy the Lord has surrounded me with a wonderful family that loves and supports me, a safe and comfortable life that more than meets all my needs, a peace in times of trouble, a knowledge that He loves me and a belief that no matter what lies ahead He will be there with me.  What more could I want??  And then I would think about some of the people I see each week in the chemo treatment center and how they are suffering, both physically and mentally.  And there are those without enough to eat or without a place to live, or those in broken homes or relationships, or mired in deep dispair or depression, or in parts of the world where war rages daily.  There are so many other places that I could be, that are so much worse than where I am, and I am so blessed and so fortunate to be out there walking around my neighborhood with my Lord.  Oh how I enjoy those morning walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment