Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Better days.

I posted last Saturday that I was seemingly feeling the effects of my 3 chemo treatments last week.  Well I am glad to report that I am doing much better, not that I was feeling all that poorly before.  My energy level has returned and I don't feel like I need to take a nap all the time.  I still haven't begun training to run a marathon yet but getting around isn't such a chore.  I have decided that 3 heavy days of chemo just knock all the wind out of my sails and it takes several days before the drugs have run their course and my body can begin to rebuild.  Fortunately I only have to endure that once every 7 weeks.  The rest of the time I only have one less powerful drug infusion per week, with even a couple of weeks off mixed in.  So the next 5 weeks should be more pleasant and we will deal with the future when it gets here.  As I have said before, we are taking it one day at a time.  And today is going well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment