Sunday, February 2, 2014

I married an angel.

My last experience with Non Hodgkins T-Cell Lymphoma, which started about 18 months ago, involved almost no symptoms of the disease itself, and very minimal side effects from the chemotherapy treatments.  The only real evidence that I had to deal with on an ongoing basis was fatigue.  My mobility was very normal and my pain or discomfort was not an issue.

This time, however, things are very different.  The primary disease location is a tumor on my spine, in my lower back, and the swelling from the tumor is exerting pressure on my spine and the nerves leading to my right leg.  The result is extreme pain in my lower back and right leg, which has significantly impacted the movement and use of my leg.  I quickly reached the point where my entire day was spent in bed, dreading the need to move at all (including trips to the bathroom), and relying on pain pills to achieve any level of comfort.

Fortunately, my daily radiation treatments quickly began to impact the tumor, reducing the swelling and in turn the pressure.  Over the past two weeks I have progressed from being bedridden, to a situation where I am now able to move around without undo pain or discomfort using a cane, get a decent night's sleep, and can see that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  The radiation treatments end next week and hopefully will have pretty much eliminated the tumor.  Our visit to Dr. Beaven at Duke will determine the next treatment phase.

During all of this, moving around silently in the background has been a force of nature that is a combination of mind reader, army medic, weight lifter, master chef and Florence Nightingale lookalike.  It is actually my wife Holly, assuming the many roles associated with being a care giver.  It is not a burden that she went looking for, but rather one that was thrust upon her.  She could quite easily find things to fill her day, other than getting me a glass of water,  helping me pull on my socks each morning, and driving me to the hospital every day.  All the while she is acting as my motivational cheerleader and fitness instructor.

I don't know what I would do without her by my side.  She happily accepts whatever task arises, no matter the hour day or night.  I am the one who gets all the cards in the mail.   At church this morning I was the one that everyone came to see and inquire as to my status.  Yet there she was, quietly assessing my stamina, and suggesting that maybe it would be wiser to return home rather than stay for Sunday school.

I am so very fortunate and so very blessed in so many ways.  And right at the top of the list is the fact that I am married to an absolute angel.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of BOTH you and Holly. I'm glad you are more comfortable Jim and I agree with you that Holly has many angelic qualities! You are both are inspiring to me. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day to all am Valeria Miguel Ángel From USA..Texas am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreative Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. ,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank to you Dr Itua for your kindly help in my life his Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called Dr Imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in  2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how  i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email                      drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or  / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
     herbal cure for, FEVER, BODY PAIN, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER,  BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE,  PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, BULIMIA DISEASE,   INFLAMMATORY JOINT DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS,  SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL  SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B.  DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE,  CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE,  NEOPLASMS, MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL DISORDER, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete