Sunday, September 8, 2013

Duke followup

Next Thursday I have an appointment with Dr. Horwitz at Duke for my 3 month followup exam.  He has me scheduled for a CT scan rather than a PET scan.  Interesting that he said he prefers doing CT scans for routine followup visits because the PET scans are too sensitive.  They tend to pick up so much that they sometimes give false positives, which then prompt further testing and mental anxiety.  So he feels like the CT is sufficient.

It has been a couple of months since I posted here on my blog.  What a great feeling it has been.  Not being consumed by thoughts about treatments, doctors visits, immune system problems, medications, and the whole raft of things that occupy a cancer patients mind.  Holly and I have enjoyed making the transition back to our "normal" lives.  We have even gone so far as to put a For Sale By Owner sign out in front of the house.  It has been our intent for quite some time to relocate closer to our son and daughter, but our plans got put on hold when the Lymphoma showed up.  But with that behind us, we can begin to pick back up where we left off.

I will report back after we return from Duke, but I did want to post something here in advance of our visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment