Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The beard is back.

My last chemo treatment was on December 11, which was almost 6 weeks ago.  And all of a sudden my hair has begun to grow again - on the head and on the chin.  So I thought I would post a picture of my latest effort to grow a beard again.  It is not quite as full as it was before, but with a little more time I think I may be able to get close to where I was before this whole cancer thing decided to crash my party.


I'm not sure how long it will last since I will need to go through a brief period of High Dose Chemotherapy at the beginning of my transplant.  I may go bald and beardless again before this is over, but since we are taking everything one day at a time, I'm just going to enjoy the beard on a day by day basis.  Just thought I would share my "progress" with everyone :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jim,

    Being as I am,(no response please)I saw the "No Comments" phrasette and wondered, "Does that mean don't commnent OR there are no comments?"

    I want to say that I miss your great voice in the Choir as well as your smiling face.

    I believe you will "beat this" because the Lord never is at a loss for what to do. I pray for your physicians to have God's wisdom and to discover new methods.

    I mentioned before to you that my sister Donna is totally cured now of 4th stage Lymphoma. Her treatments were at Christie Clinc. Her Doctor could not believe she was healed and cancer free. So, he sent her to Mayo for confirmation.

    I think he did not know how happened, but God knows just what to do and gives Doctors wisdom; and then there is that componet of His Power and nothing works without that, and everything is subject to it.

    I don't have a clue whether you are interested, BUT I'll tell you anyway. I am a member of Faithwriters.com; check it out you may find it interesting. It's a very large group of Christian writers.

    ReplyDelete